Information Covered by this Policy
Our Policy applies to all, non-public, personal information that may be used to identify you that is obtained by SIRVA in connection with providing a consumer, financial product or service for personal, family, or household purposes ("Personal Information").
A. Collection of Information.
We rely on many sources of information to understand and meet your needs. We may collect personal information about you from:
- Your applications or in other ways when you visit us in person, over the phone, through the mail or through our Web sites;
- Your browser, when you visit our Web sites and your browser interacts with us;
- Your transactions with any of the companies in the SIRVA family;
- Consumer reporting agencies;
- Title, Appraisal or other companies connected with a financial product or service involved in the sale or purchase of your home;
- Anyone who you have authorized to provide information; and
- Other sources, in connection with providing you a financial product or service.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children and will destroy such information if it is disclosed to us without proper parental consent.
B. Use of Personal Information.
Information Sharing within the SIRVA family of companies
In an effort to provide you with the full range of financial, relocation, and moving services you may need, SIRVA takes an integrated approach to the services we provide. In order to be able to provide the full range of services for your needs and make recommendations about a variety of the services offered by SIRVA, we may share Personal Information among companies within the SIRVA family of companies.
Information Sharing with non-SIRVA family companies
Depending on the type of relationship you have with us, SIRVA may work with companies or organizations outside of the SIRVA family to provide services to SIRVA or to provide you with opportunities to buy products or services offered by SIRVA or jointly with other financial institutions. We may also share your Personal Information with companies or other organizations outside of the SIRVA family as required by or permitted by law. For example, we may share personal information to:
- protect against fraud;
- respond to a subpoena;
- service your account;
- those you have authorized us to disclose the information and others as permitted or required by law;
- other institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements;
- companies that perform services, including marketing services, for us or for us and the institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements; and,
- other institutions with which we jointly provide financial products or services.
SIRVA provides you with a reasonable opportunity to access your Personal Information we have collected, correct it if inaccurate, or delete it as appropriate, subject to the exceptions stated below. Reasonable access means, for example, that requests for access are made during normal business hours, that you provide requested identification, and that requests are not excessive in number. If, at any time, SIRVA denies you access to any Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for denying access and information about how you may make further inquiries. For instance, SIRVA reserves the right to deny access to information related to investigations or potential or actual litigation where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual's privacy, or where the rights of other individuals would be violated. In order to update your information, please send your request by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by facsimile to the number (260) 429-3135, or by telephone to the number (260) 429-2755.
Data Integrity & Security
SIRVA will make every reasonable effort to keep accurate Personal Information while we are using that information to serve you. SIRVA appreciates your cooperation in maintaining complete and up-to-date Personal Information and will facilitate your efforts in this regard. SIRVA maintains Personal Information only as long as needed for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by contractual or other legal requirements.
- We maintain agreements with external suppliers and others with whom we do business limiting the use of your Personal Information only for the purposes intended in providing the information. These suppliers and other companies are bound to uphold our procedures regarding privacy under the terms of our agreements with them.
- We limit access to personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information. We regularly assess security standards and procedures to protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information.
You should always safeguard your own Personal Information by protecting passwords used to access a SIRVA system and by safely disposing of records and reports no longer needed.
B. Dispute Resolution
SIRVA recognizes the importance of providing you the opportunity to address and resolve complaints about the processing of your Personal Information. Therefore, in addition to any legal remedies that may be available, if you make a complaint about the processing of your Personal Information, and it is not resolved to your satisfaction internally at SIRVA, SIRVA offers the independent alternative dispute resolution services of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") located at the following address:
225 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 2527
Chicago, Illinois 60601-7601 USA
The AAA can be reached by telephone at (312) 616-6560 or by facsimile at (312) 819-0404.