- Move Planning, Moving Tips
- Posted on 06/23/2016
Be sure to create a plan, pack a little at a time, hire professionals and keep your important things with you when moving nation-wide. Here are some important tips to help you prepare for your national move.
Plan Your Moving Ahead of Time With These National Moving Tips
If your next move is out of state, you might be feeling overwhelmed. After all, there is only so much you can do at a distance. Luckily, the experts at Global Van Lines are here to help. They are experienced in moving people long distances, including moves overseas.
To help you with your relocation, here are a few tips and tricks:
- Create a plan. Well before your moving date, sit down with all of the members of your family. Make a master to-do list of all of the tasks that need to be completed before the big day arrives. Then, check in weekly to make sure that things are getting done.
- Pack a little at a time. Don’t wait until your move is just around the corner. Start packing as soon as you can. Start by packing up the things that your family isn’t currently using. Anything that’s being stored in the basement or closets is a good place to start. Then, pack up the rooms that are being used the least. This could be the dining room or perhaps the spare bedroom. Leave the kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms until later. Consider packing overnight bags a few days before the move, which will contain the essentials for day to day living (clothes, toothbrush, medications, etc.)
- Hire professionals. If moving is stressing you out, let someone else worry about it. Hiring a long-distance moving company is a great way to ensure a seamless transition. Most companies can pack up your belongings, load them on to the truck, and transport them to your new home without you having to lift a finger.
- Keep the important things with you. Even if you hire a professional company, make sure that you pack a few things to keep with you. Pack a few toiletries and clothes with you as well as any important identification and travel documents. If you are flying to your new home, make sure you can fit the items you need in a travel suitcase. Remember that important documents, such as diplomas, birth certificates, social security cards, etc., should likely stay on your person, or in an easily accessible place. This will further prevent their loss.
Whether you are moving across the country or to a neighboring state, it’s important to plan your relocation ahead of time. With the help of experienced professionals, it could be easier than ever to settle in to your new home. For more information about how Global Van Lines can make your move simple, go to globalvanlines.com
Moving in Summer
- Moving Tips, Professional Movers, Summer moving
- Posted on 06/09/2020
Do You Need Valuation Protection?
- Household Moving, Moving Contract, Moving Mistakes, Moving Tips, Valuation Protection
- Posted on 05/28/2020