- Move Planning
- Posted on 07/06/2016
Want to make this next move a success? We’ve prepared some tips to help with your initial moving preparations. Global Van Lines offers free in-home estimates and arranging a consultation is a great way to get a better sense of your overall moving-related needs.
Tips For Planning Your Next Move
- Take care of those technicalities. Change your home address so that you don’t lose track of any important mail documents during the hustle and bustle of the move. Cancel any services you receive at your old home and transfer them to the new one.
- Do you want full service packing? It’s a good idea to decide this in advance; that way, you can make a reservation with us for the move itself.
- Will you pack yourself? Even if you aren’t having packing assistance, Global Van Lines offers a full range of packing materials for purchase.
- Do your valuables require special handling? Begin thinking about fragile-only items, and keep in mind that we provide custom crating. This ensures that art work, antiques and other collectibles remain safe on the journey.
- Do you have a piano or other specialized equipment? Check with your personal moving consultant at our company about services available for these items.
- Storage. Create an inventory of items you definitely need moved right away. Once you’ve done this, you can decide which items (if any) will go into storage facilities. We provide both short- and long-term storage options, and you can trust that your goods will be kept in a secure, temperature-sensitive environment.
Other Moving Advice
- Get excited, it’s moving week!
- What items will you need immediately? It’s a good idea to gather your cleaning materials – such as a broom, multi-purpose cleaners, bleach, and towels – and keep them close at hand during the move. You may need these upon arrival at your new home.
- Stay hydrated and keep snacks at hand. Our qualified, background-checked movers and packers will help handle the rest.